Thursday 15 March 2012

Green Onions Re-birth!!

   So doing my usual morning browse of Pinterest, I came across a pin which informed me that you could potentially re-grow green onions from the small scraps that I usually throw out. Intrigued by both the idea that I can barely keep plastic plants alive and the idea to not have to run out to the grocery store everytime I need green onions (which is pretty often for us) I decided the concept was pretty simple and didnt require much work, which would lessen the disappointment in the case that they didnt thrive.... so here are the steps to follow:

Step 1: Cut your green onions right down to the white part ( I left a little green showing)

Step 2: Find a small jar or Glass

Step 3: Insert white parts of green onions into jar or cup

Step 4: Fill with water until white part is covered

Step 5: Wait....

And the great part is you dont have to wait for long! Mine started growing the day after. And now after 8 days here are my onions!






Aren't they beautiful!!! Its also important to change the water every 2 days or so, one of the followers on Pinterest said theirs got really stinky and turns out not changing the water enough can do that!!

Also, to make my jar fancy I just made a quick label from a Word document and glued it onto my jar, who would have thought that Word would have pictures of Green onions in their clipart!! HAHAHA





Happy Onions!

1 comment: