Thursday 9 June 2011

A walk in progress..

So here we are and P will be 13 months old tomorrow. I cannot believe this past year has gone this quickly...he is almost walking on his own and it amazes me every single day how much progress he has made since I held him in my arms for the first time.He still needs my hand to sort of give him some confidence, but every now and then he lets go and takes a few steps...the down side I guess you could say is that there is no more just staying in my arms...he ALWAYS wants to get down and walk! We were at Zellers today to do some quick errands and all he wanted was to get down and walk...and WOW quick errands turn into not so quick errands when you are "walking" with a 13 month old. Although I have to say it was super cute and all the shoppers smiled as we passed...so it was well worth it! He also took a great nap when we got home...BONUS!

I wanted to share a topic with you guys, because I am pretty sure that I am not the only one who feels this way from time to time:  There are days when I feel that I dont see the time pass.. my days are really routine and I tend to pretty much do the same things at the same times every single day...I feel like I look at the clock when I get up and its 7:30 am and then I look at the clock again and its 10 pm....I go to bed some nights and think that I really have to start to take the time to fully enjoy every minute of my kids. They dont stay young forever and I have to sometimes just ignore the chores and get down on the floor and play! The kids will not remember that pile of laundry but they will remember how many memories we made sitting around and having fun!
Of course its one thing to think that way and another thing to actually do it...the perfectionist in me wants everything to sparkle and be done but the mom in me feels that I am losing precious time with my kids!

 So from now on I will try my best to enjoy the precious moments and not sweat the small stuff...

Do you guys have any suggestions of some fun things we can do? Keep in mind that I do not drive and my kids are 11 years apart!

No comments:

Post a Comment