Here is my Pin-test for this week!
DIY Color Mason Jars
Here is what you will need:
Pint Mason Jars
Mod Podge Gloss
Liquid Food Coloring
Plastic Spoons and Knives (or Popsicle Sticks)
Measuring Spoon (tbsp)
Oven (Pre-heated to 225 degrees)
Something to protect your workspace (Newspaper, Paper Bags, Cardboard)
1.Wash out your mason jars and remove and stickers or labels on them, ) I use Goo Gone and all the adhesive comes right off!)
2.Pour 1 Tablespoon of Mod Podge Gloss into an empty Mason Jar. Add 1/2 Tablespoon of water and 9 drop of food coloring. If mixing primary colors to create a secondary color like orange, make sure your drops do not exceed 9 drops combined (example: for orange use 6 drops of yellow and 3 drops of red, totaling 9 drops). If you add too much food coloring, the mixture will be too thin and will cause streaking.
3. Stir the materials in the mason jar together with a plastic spoon or popsicle stick until the color is uniform and you don’t see any white Mod Podge. Be sure to mix well around the inside edges and the bottom of the mason jar.
*I still had white in the edges so next time ill mix more thoroughly...
4.Swirl the Mod Podge around the inside of the jar until it is completely covered.
5. Once the inside of the mason jars is completely covered, including the inside rim, set the jars upside down on top of plastic knives (or Popsicle sticks) on your protected work surface to let the excess Mod Podge run out of the jars. Placing the jars on sticks will allow the Mod Podge to run out without it pooling around the inside of the rim.
Let the mason jars drain in this position for 1 hour.
6. Repeat as necessary for as many colored mason jars you need.
The colors of the mason jars will look pastel because you mixed the food coloring with white Mod Podge.
*Once the Mod Podge dries clear, your color will dry the same color as the food coloring you chose.
7. Preheat your oven to 225 degrees.
8. After 1 hour, carefully lift the jars and gently wipe any Mod Podge from the outside rim of the jar (if there is any).
9. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place the mason jars right side up on the lined cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet and jars into a preheated over for 1 hour until the Mod Podge is completely dry and the glass is transparent.
10. Remove the jars from the oven and set aside to cool. Once cool, sit back and admire your new gorgeous DIY Color Mason Jars!
Really happy with the way it turned out for my first try! I will be making 2 more in this color and using them in my bathroom for q-tips, cotton balls, and makeup remover pads!
Comment below and let me know how you would use yours!