Saturday 5 March 2011

Confessions of a control freak...

Ok so after many years of being in denial I have finally accepted the tag of control freak....a feat Im sure many of us moms will have to endure sooner or later..

For awhile I was just the well organized, structured, rule follower. Which basically is the definition of Control freak..I have certain ways of doing things and like everything to be in its place.

After years of being in the workforce both public and private, I have come to terms with the good old saying" If you want things done right, do them yourself" As many a co-worker sat back and slacked off as I busted my butt doing everything getting the same pay..Needless to say I learnt  that in order for things to be done well, I would have to do them myself.

That I suppose transferred over to my home life, and being a single mom for many years I always had done things on my own anyway...which of course enabled my control-ism.

Like any other trait there are of course extremes, and I like to think I am just average, I mean I dont go completly insane when things are out of my control I just get stressed and annoyed..

I simply like to have things in their place and keep things certain ways. I am a schedule follower and a planner. This pattern of living works for me, keeps my household running smoothly and my family happy.

My downfall of course if being angry when nobody offers to help me out with chores and cleaning...however deep down I know that I may just re-do what has been done because it wasn't done my way...

I am working on this though! And I think I havent gotten much better, I let my daughter do her own laundry now and insist my hubby wash and put away his dishes when he has his dinner (which is usually only around 9 pm when he gets home from work) ...although things arent done the way I do them or put away in the spots where I put them I am learning to just sit back and be grateful for the reprieve. I do sometimes still re-fold things or re-wash things they way I want them...but I am getting there!

Stay tuned to follow my journey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment