Monday 7 March 2011

The winter storm that was...

Woke up to a blanket of white this morning, my poor daughter who was so anxious to go back to school after march break to see her friends was all dressed and doing her hair...I woke up and went to the window and looked across...no cars = no school. I live right across the street from the school so I dont need the radio to tell me when its a snow day!

I have to mention that on this same date in 2008 I moved into my house where I currently live...I also have to mention that there was a snow storm of this magnitude on that day, my sister and brother in law helped us during that impossible day where we could barely see our hands in front of our faces... put in a cube truck with no winter tires and needless to say we were exhausted that night. We left the last load in the truck and plopped down where ever we could and went to sleep. The next day, we grabbed a coffee, unloaded that last load and Mike pleaded with a neighbor to please clear the end of our driveway with his snow blower so we could get the poor truck out to return it. I'll never forget that day...and I vow to never move in the winter again.

Hubby was feeling a bit better today, and is on the mend! He actually offered to take P for awhile this afternoon to give me a break! One of the best gifts a husband can give a wife..besides jewelry...lol

I was in contact with quite a few companies today about doing product reviews so I should have some nice ones coming up and I will also have some giveaway contests to go with them!

Speaking of which, make sure to check out my new REVIEWS section on the right hand side of the page, every product I review will have its own link so that everyone can see clearly what I have reviewed.

So just when I though spring was around the corner we are blasted with 30+ cm of snow...I knew I shouldn't have listened to that crazy groundhog..he gave me false hope! Oh well if you can't beat em' join em' right? Maybe tomorrow I will take Portland out to play in the snow! Pics to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment