Wednesday 9 March 2011

Playdates, hockey and the info in my brain!

I sometimes wonder what would happen to my family if I ever got amnesia...or got called in for Jury duty on a beach in Hawaii...( a girl can dream). So much of how my house runs is in my head, everything from how and when to pay the bills to how to run the dishwasher. Nevermind all the baby topics like how to make and sterilize bottles, or do a baby clothes wash. There are so many details lodged in my head that it would be pure chaos if I ever lost my memory!
I dont know if it has to do with my control freak-ism or the fact that nobody ever says "hey mom, or hey hun, can you show me how you do what you do everyday..." ( again, a girl can dream) but I honestly dont know how they would survive! I am not tooting my own horn here, by any means and recently I have shown Nikki how to use the washer and dryer and she has been doing her own laundry, which I have to say has been a huge help for me, that in itself is 3-4 loads that I dont have to do! Every now and then I let her do something that I am doing to show her how. After all as sad as it makes me, she wont live with me forever and she may need some life skills if Mommy isn't around.

I know everyone is talking about the hit last night that Chara did to Pacioretty. I watched it several times trying to see if it was intentional. I am no avid hockey fan and by no means should be judging calls, but I really don't think it was intentional. He may have hit him a little harder then most but the guy is like 6'9 and I really don't think he intended to hurt him.Please don't attack me with hate mail!! I am just giving my opinion, and I have zero knowledge about hits in hockey, I am just judging from what I saw. The poor guy, even though I don't know him, the doctor in me activated and I kept repeating to Mike " he's still out, he's still out, its too long for him to be still out!" But I read this morning that on the way to the hospital he was conscious and was able to move his hands and feet, so for that I am happy!

Well I have to go get ready, today Portland is having a play date with his friends Kayla and Noah, it is so cute to see them interact and play!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment