Tuesday 22 March 2011

The countdown has begun!

The time has come as the clock starts to tick on my countdown to Portland's first birthday! I cannot believe that a year has passed already! I now go into planner mode, which as my family knows means I go a little loco and may possibly have some mood swings..lol
No but seriously the perfectionist/control freak in me always needs and wants everything to go perfectly. Although I dont plan on throwing a party the style of that show "Party Mamas", there wont be a petting zoo...and he wont arrive by helicopter, I do want certain things to fall into place!

The theme has to be perfect and of course I have chosen a more complicated theme that is not easily obtainable, Special Agent OSO, now I figured why go with a common theme like Zoo, or cowboy when I know he really really loves Special Agent OSO.Although he won't remember or even realize what is going on, I will know that he had a theme he loved. Most of the things I will probably have to make myself since there just isn't much out there for this theme.

I have also started the guest list, which although you would think would be a short and easy task for a 1 year old's birthday, it really is not. A lot of politics and "he doesn't like her and she doesn't like him" business was swirling in my head when I finally said to myself, this is crazy...I am inviting everyone to celebrate this day with us, if they choose not to attend because another person is there, it is their loss. Sometimes we lose sight of what the meaning truly is. We are all there to celebrate this special occasion of Portland's first year. This is his day and he deserves the best!

Now to get into crazy mode! Maybe if I am lucky I can recruit Nikki into crazy mode with me and she can help me with some of the tasks I need to cover!Stay tuned as I know that I will have lots of venting to do in the weeks to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment