Friday 11 March 2011

Shopping wars!

My hubby works long hours 5 days a week so my weekends are my precious 2 days that I can get out of the house! I dont drive and winter has been soooo long, so I am literally staring at the same walls all week long!
I try my best to do an outing on Saturdays preferably to a mall or store of some sort so I can continue enabling my shopping addiction!
However my son does not have the same ideas, he does not like to be restrained whatsoever! He will sit happily in the stroller for 15 minutes max and they he is screaming to get out.
So I sat down and researched what else I could do, and bought my self a shopping cart cover for the days that we would go to a Walmart or Zellers thinking that he would have a perfect view of his surroundings and play happily with all the toys attached to it while mommy shopped....Let's just say that joy was short lived, about 20 minutes into it the toys got old and he was aware that although the view was great he was still buckled in!
So what is a Mom/Shopaholic to do? My daughter was so portable when she was a baby she would happily sit in her car seat or stroller for hours on end and fall asleep anywhere.
My next option is a baby carrier,when he gets fed up of being in the restrained seated position I can scoop him up and have him be happily in my arms while I am still able to be hands free. But there are so many out there available how can I chose the best one?
Good news is, I will be getting a few different models to review shortly, so I am really excited about that! At least I will be able see which one works best for us.I am hoping that having the carrier as a back up will enable me to get out a little more often and not have to rush through my shopping!
If any of you other mommies have any other ideas please let me know!

Oh! And before I forget, I took a pic of the onesie I bought at Giant Tiger last week with my sister, I told you guys I would post a pic so here it is...pretty cute I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment