Monday 14 March 2011

The day I was dreading...

Well this morning we got up at 7, we had to get Nikki over to the school for 7:30 to get the bus for her ski trip this week. I dealt with my insecurities last night promising myself I wasn't going to cry. She woke up just minutes after me and was excited but attached to my hip. I knew she was feeling a little insecure and maybe nervous about going, but was happy and excited at the same time. She said her goodbyes to Mike and off we went. Once at the school I was sure she would be off with her friends and just say " OK bye Mom" which believe me would have been so much easier for me....but she refused to let me go until the bus was pulling away....a long drawn out goodbye was not in my plan!!! How would I cope! Needless to say as all the parents around me were laughing and joking around I was starting to feel that lump in my throat as she boarded the bus....Finally the door closed I waved to her and made a B-line towards home! Once I hit the end of the driveway I broke down...My little girl was all grown up! And she would be gone without mommy to take care of her for the whole week!! I know she will be fine and have lots of fun! But I will still probably cry a little everyday and miss her soooo much!

Here is the bus with all the kids boarded...This about the time where the lump was making its way up my throat!

I didnt get very far in my Spring cleaning today, as I spent most of my day basking in my sadness of my Nikki being gone. But I plan to get back on track tomorrow and get some stuff done. The weather is great too so it makes it harder to be inside, but I am loving that it is dark until almost 7 pm which enables me to take P out for a walk after dinner and we are finally able to get some fresh air! Let's hope the weather stays this way for a little while!

I didn't get my BOA today sadly....Canada Post is not very reliable I guess, but I am expecting it tomorrow so keep your eyes open for my post!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh Julie Wulie. I have been there....actually in all honesty I still am :) As our children grow up, there are so many FIRSTS. Their first kick in our tummy. their first smile, first words, first steps.........first trip without us, first day of high school, first date,,,so many firsts!! Bitter sweet moments.xox Jagg will be starting college & getting his drivers license this summer:::amongst other new things. He is so much closer to leaving the nest! I can't even imagine my home without him!!!
    And then,, just like P....QQ is growing too fast. like I said bitter sweet moments.
    All I can do is enjoy every second with both my boys xoxo

    ReplyDelete