Tuesday 8 March 2011

If you can't beat em' join em'

So my routine went back to normal today as my hubby went back to work and Nikki went back to school, I got some cleaning done, not as much as I wanted but I'll take it!

As I mentioned yesterday any hopes I had of Spring ever arriving were fluttered away by the snow storm yesterday and were further crushed when I looked at the weather forecast for the week...another 20+cm expected this week...when will it end!!! Following my motto "if you can't beat em' join em' out we went this afternoon to play in the snow, I have to say its the most fun I have had in a long time! It brought back memories of building forts and throwing snowballs...and best of all Portland LOVED it!






Sometimes watching dirtbag reality TV is good for you! I was watching Keeping up with the Kardashians last night ..the episode where Chloe Kardashian finds out that she is pregs because she forgot to take her birth control pill.....suddenly I sat up in bed!...I had forgotten to take my pill tonight! So thanks Chloe for reminding me!

My daughter is going to be 12 in 2 days! I can't believe it! I feel so old! Time has flown by so fast! I can still remember her in diapers asking me for a "Gamouche" which we later figured out meant sandwich, she loved peanut butter sandwiches and could have eaten for all 3 meals 7 days a week! Ahh before I know it P will be turning 12 and I will be having these feelings all over again! It still amazes me that when he will be 12 Nikki will be 23! So crazy!

So with that I leave you with the advice of enjoy every moment while your kids are small even if they are cranky, colicky or causing trouble, hug them everyday and enjoy the small things, every minute is a minute you can never get back!

1 comment:

  1. Cute picture of your kids! Love P's snowsuit! You're right, gotta enjoy the moments!

    ReplyDelete